Join now - be part of our community!

4K compatibility

4K compatibility

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the new Sony 4K TVs and Bluray are compatible with HT-IS100  home theatre system.....

I suspect the answer is no but best to be sure, they were only vague in the shop.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have it connected via optical cable, it should work with no problems.  Same as your other TV - Set TV Speakers to Audio System, and set the HD-IS100 input to TV. 

As there are no 4K bluray discs players at the moment, you can still plug the bluray into the HS-IS100, and a HDMI cable from HT-IS100 to the TV.  

However, if your thinking of long term in regards to a 4K bluray player (whenever they come out next year?) - You will not be able to plug the player into this system - however, you would just plug it into the 4K HDMI port on the TV, an still output audio via the speakers.

Hope this explains things more.

Cheers

Thanks Quinnicus, so basically you just use the TV to select the source and feed the sound to the audio system using the optical link.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct - and your welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

no 4K blu ray players yet?, seriously, where have you been?, my BDP-S790 is what at least 2 years old! :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your bluray Bravia55 will be at least 3years old by the time 4K discs and players 'may' come out 😛

Me, I have my PS3 for Blurays, or I remux them to play on my media player :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

it may be getting old but its 4K, speaking of old i still have a DVP-S725D dvd player chipped to all regions, was good at the time when you could get new releases from the states well before they came out here! :wink: