Join now - be part of our community!

*** 55HX853 "On-Screen Clock" Query

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

*** 55HX853 "On-Screen Clock" Query

Hi, we have a 55HX853 which we have had for around 6 years or so and, according to the 'Full Spec', under 'Special Features', it is listed as having an "On-Screen Clock" which I presume can be enabled to show on the display when watching programs?

I've never been able to get this clock to show on the display!  Can any members tell me how to display the 'On-Screen Clock' on the screen display?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

Hmm, if my memory is accurate, I think the clock was under internet widgets.  Have a look in that memu. 

Although isnt it displayed on the info banner when pressing i+ button?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've seen the clock and world clock under internet widgets but I've not been able to get it to work as an "on-screen clock" so that it's on screen whatever channel is being watched.

BTW, I've read you reply regarding my XE7003/WE663, thank you. I'll respond over the next few hours!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Somehow, I dont believe the definition of 'on-screen clock' refers to it being overlayed over whatever content you are watching.  I maybe wrong on that, but I had the KDL-40NX723 TV - which also had this feature. 

I guess it depends on what Sony's definition is - but im rather confident that on-screen means that the clock is displayed on screen - instead of hardware based (i.e. LED lights on the frame, etc).

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I meant, "on-screen clock" just as shown in the '55HX853' spec; a clock that is shown in the bottom right of the display.

Believe it or not, when I moved this TV upstairs a few weeks ago, we only had the 'aerial' connected to the TV and, as we were watching it late one evening, I was surprised to see the "on-screen clock" in the bottom right of the screen - it was there all of the time, not matter what channel we were watching.

My wife thought it was great but, we connected a Chromecast device to the TV and, for some reason, it disappeared and we have never seen it since.