Join now - be part of our community!

a KEYBOARD for a KDL50W829BBU

SOLVED
sc00terx
Explorer

a KEYBOARD for a KDL50W829BBU

Hi i am after a  keyboard for a  KDL50W829BBU 

i did have this on the main  .com web site  but  a long time after i posted it they came back with not  a answer  but  i was told to go away  to the  uk  site   😞  hmm  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The main .com website is for the American's across the pond.  The thing is, there are slight differences in specifications from the TVs in the US compared to the UK/EU,  therefore its best for them to refer you here instead.

To answer your question, unfortunately an actual keyboard is not supported on the TV.  If you have a smartphone or tablet, Sony have created an app called "SideView".  More information is in the manual : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The main .com website is for the American's across the pond.  The thing is, there are slight differences in specifications from the TVs in the US compared to the UK/EU,  therefore its best for them to refer you here instead.

To answer your question, unfortunately an actual keyboard is not supported on the TV.  If you have a smartphone or tablet, Sony have created an app called "SideView".  More information is in the manual : HERE

Cheers

sc00terx
Explorer

any idea why  no keyboard is not supported on the TV  ??  as it would help some i would go so far to say it would be  good for a lot of us  with sonly tvs that  had the idea that   with the imput of a large amount of  text  a keybaord is  a normal thing to use   and not to have this  is  a slight  if not  lage  fail on sony 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of reasons I guess - Sony probably figures that many people either have smartphones or tablets, which is normally around them anyhow.  Also the web-browser on the TV is not designed to be your primary means of accessing the internet, merely an added bonus or option.  Many of the apps on the TV requires use of the browser as well.

Back in 2011/2012, I used the web browser as my primary means for quite some time (no smartphone either), after a bit, you do get quicker!  Now in 2014, the one flick remote can and does make it slightly easier too.

Cheers