Join now - be part of our community!

Acer Laptop to Sony Bravia TV Audio Setup

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Kirky67
Visitor

Acer Laptop to Sony Bravia TV Audio Setup

I am trying to connect my Acer Aspire 5534 Laptop (which does not have any HDMI Sockets) to my Sony television ( model, Bravia KDL32Ex403) in order to watch the ITV Player. I am using a SANDSTROM SVGA cable for the picture (which works perfectly) and a 3.5mm to 2 RCA Audio cable for the sound (which is not working at all). The Bravia has 3 separate sets of red and white input jacks, the Acer has 2 individual single jack sockets but no matter what combination of connections I try between laptop and TV I cannot receive the soundtrack for the ITV Player programme through the TV. The only way to hear the soundtrack is to connect a pair of external speakers to the Headphone socket of the laptop, which is ok but just requires a longer set up time and more cable clutter.

Any advice or suggestions as to why the RCA Audio cable does'nt work.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
etritd
New

you should plug it into the white socket where it says PC/HDMI AUDIO IN that is located under the VGA socket or you can use a pc audio cable and plug it at the proper socket located under the VGA socket, too.

images.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
etritd
New

you should plug it into the white socket where it says PC/HDMI AUDIO IN that is located under the VGA socket or you can use a pc audio cable and plug it at the proper socket located under the VGA socket, too.

images.jpg