Join now - be part of our community!

Adding Blue Tooth Functionality to my TV

profile.country.GB.title
Wrinklie1
Explorer

Adding Blue Tooth Functionality to my TV

Hi. I have a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones which I'm really pleased with. They work well with every device I have (Android phone, Android tablet, iPad, Linux but not, surprise!! with Windows 10 - which I don't care about). I have a non Sony TV which does not have Bluetooth and I wondered if any of you have been able to use any of the devices advertised on Amazon that are essentially a blue tooth dongle with a 3.5mm jack on the end to plug into the TV socket.

Any advice about choosing such a device would be very welcome. TIA.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi  Wrinklie1, 

Welcome to the community. 

Which model headphones do you have? 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Wrinklie1
Explorer

Hi

Yes my headphones are MDR-ZX220BT and whilst not top of the range are great for my old ears!

profile.country.GB.title
Wrinklie1
Explorer

Just updating this thread in case someone wants to see what results I had. My TV is a Panasonic without Bluetooth and for late listening and when you get a movie where the actors whisper (why is this?) I have some headphones that I can plug into a 3.5mm socket. Now the only trouble with this is that it is too easy to snag the cable as it reaches 2-3 metres across the room.

I have found various devices on places like Amazon, which plug into the above jack and I've tried one. Took a while to get working and it was OK for about a week then failed. I think there are products out there that will work but the quality of some of these devices leaves a lot to be desired.