Join now - be part of our community!

Annoying fault with "now and next"

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anturnb27
New

Annoying fault with "now and next"

I have a Sony Bravia KDL37EX403 running the latest software and I've noticed an information display fault that is really annoying me.

It happens when a program doesn't start at the time when the EPG says it should. If you press the info button on the remote it brings up a display on the screen with details about the current program and if you press it again it displays information about the next program. There are times though when this doesn't work properly and this is the fault that is annoying me. I'll try and explain what happens.

Lets say that program A is on from 8.00 to 9.00, progam B is on from 9.00 to 10.00 and program C is on from 10.00 to 11.00.

Program A finishes at 9.00 but progam B hasn't started it's 9.02 and you press the info button. What's displayed is still the info regarding program A and not program B??? Press the info button again and the display shows the details of program C NOT B???? Information about program B has completely disappeared???? It doesn't show up until the program actually starts when it appears as the NOW info. It's a completely reproduceable fault so why does the software not display the now and next info details correctly inbetween programs?

Message was edited by: anturnb27

Message was edited by: anturnb27

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this so called fault you describe is not a fault of the television but more of a fault with the people that distribute the EPG to television sets, read the paragraph outlined below which i soarced elsewhere.

Non-interactive electronic program guides (EPG) are typically available for television and radio, an...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this so called fault you describe is not a fault of the television but more of a fault with the people that distribute the EPG to television sets, read the paragraph outlined below which i soarced elsewhere.

Non-interactive electronic program guides (EPG) are typically available for television and radio, an...