Join now - be part of our community!

Auto standby after 4 hours

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SimplyRachel
Visitor

Auto standby after 4 hours

My Sony kdl-40hx723 and home surround system bdvef200 both turn themselves off after approx 4 hours if i haven't touched any buttons on either of their remote controls.  this is rather annoying as i tend to use the remote from the sky+ box to change channels and volume, so have to remember to randomly press any button on both the remotes (if i do the tv and forget to press a button on the surround sound remote then the surround sound goes off).  I have gone into the menu and turned off the motion sensor thingy, but cant seem to find anything to turn this function off. 

Anyone know how to set this so that it only turns off when i actually turn it off.  Cheers all x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

Hi,

I don't have the same TV model, but hopefully this will give you some help:

1. Press the Home button on your remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System Settings.
  4. Select Eco.
  5. Set Idle TV Standby to Off.

Should solve your problem :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drhowells
New

Hi,

I don't have the same TV model, but hopefully this will give you some help:

1. Press the Home button on your remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System Settings.
  4. Select Eco.
  5. Set Idle TV Standby to Off.

Should solve your problem :slight_smile:

SimplyRachel
Visitor

thanks DRHOWELLS you are a STAR !! :slight_smile:

Have just changed it and it was set to 4hrs so hopefully should resolve the TV issue. 

Hate to ask, but dont suppose you know how to stop the blu-ray surround system doing the same ???  Not the end of the world if it turns off as i still have sound (even though its not great) via the TV, but when the surround sound first turns on you loose sound for a few seconds, so would rather change this also if at all posible.

drhowells
New

Glad that worked :slight_smile:

I am hoping that it might have solved the Blu Ray issue as well. You might find that the TV switching off was automatically switching off the Blu Ray as well. But, I am not 100% certain of this so you may have to hope that someone with more knowledge of this side of things will comment below.....

SimplyRachel
Visitor

Dont think this resolves the blu ray turning itself off (as i was randomly turning the sound up with the tv remote to keep the tv on) and the surround sound still turned itself off anyway!! 

But MANY thanks for helping out so far and coming back so quickly. Maybe i'll get lucky and someone will find a solution to the blu ray.  In the meanwhile have a HAPPY NEW YEAR :slight_smile: