Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer & internet browser not working on KDL 32HX753

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alrober84
New

BBC iPlayer & internet browser not working on KDL 32HX753

Hi,

I noticed las night that the the iPlayer on my KDL 32HX753 no longer works. I used the iPlayer facility on my PS3 instead (similar looking interface, worked fine). I have also tried to connect using the wed browser, which is also not working (never used it before so not known).

I have carried out all these tests.

1. Checked all connections.

2. Checked that the TV said it was connected to the internet Home | Network Setup | Check connection

3. Rebooted my internet router

4. Checked that rd1.sony.net/tv1 & help.opera.com could be seen by a PC on the same network

5. Tried the LoveFilm interface, Sky News worked.

6. BBC News was also not working

What is broken?

Alistair.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just tested my iPlayer on my NX723 all works fine. Not knowing your location - http://www.a516digital.com/2013/03/late-snow-takes-its-toll-on-tv-and.html

My only other bit of advice is to check to see that your on the latest firmware, and maybe clear the settings by a factory reset. Interesting that iPlayer worked on your PS3 but not on your TV.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just tested my iPlayer on my NX723 all works fine. Not knowing your location - http://www.a516digital.com/2013/03/late-snow-takes-its-toll-on-tv-and.html

My only other bit of advice is to check to see that your on the latest firmware, and maybe clear the settings by a factory reset. Interesting that iPlayer worked on your PS3 but not on your TV.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
alrober84
New

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using ethernet for the iPlayer so snow shouldn't of been a problem. The router still found the internet on the PC. It might be my ISP (Talktalk), which I'm going to leave a note in their forum.

I've checked the firmware, even tried to load it again - but it said lastest already loaded. :

I was trying to avoid a reset, but, I'll try it a bit later!

Cheers.

It is now later, and after a factory reset (not as painful as I thought!) all is well!

Message was edited by: alrober84