Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer Issues 2014 (MASTER THREAD)

SOLVED
amaton
New

BBC iPlayer Issues 2014 (MASTER THREAD)

After the hastle in December with BBC iplayer not loading at all for several days, I have been using it quite happily until I tried just now. The page loads & I can get as far as 'play' but then get the screen saying that the URL has a problem. Most annoying! I have tried it on my other TVA in the house & they're fine, so it looks like its a sony problem (again). Has anyone else had any problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

16/1/14 (16:15) - Sony are aware that there is an issue with the iPlayer.  It appears that is it very similar to the issue late last year.  As you may be aware, this was likely a BBC issue last time (but Sony was able to implement a work-around rather quickly)

17/1/14 (13:15) - No updates to report at this stage

17/1/14 (14:55) - The BBC has issued the following announcement on their website : HERE (pasted below)

BBC01.jpg

17/1/14 (15:20) - Update from BBC -  "We've identified the cause of the issue and a fix will shortly go live. BBC iPlayer support would like to thank everyone who reported the issue."

17/1/14 (15:30) - Just tested iPlayer myself.  All is now working !!

NOTE:  No need to reply to this, Simply click the "Me Too" button on the 1st post.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

16/1/14 (16:15) - Sony are aware that there is an issue with the iPlayer.  It appears that is it very similar to the issue late last year.  As you may be aware, this was likely a BBC issue last time (but Sony was able to implement a work-around rather quickly)

17/1/14 (13:15) - No updates to report at this stage

17/1/14 (14:55) - The BBC has issued the following announcement on their website : HERE (pasted below)

BBC01.jpg

17/1/14 (15:20) - Update from BBC -  "We've identified the cause of the issue and a fix will shortly go live. BBC iPlayer support would like to thank everyone who reported the issue."

17/1/14 (15:30) - Just tested iPlayer myself.  All is now working !!

NOTE:  No need to reply to this, Simply click the "Me Too" button on the 1st post.

Ecovisitor51
Explorer

We had this a month ago- now it's happened again! Our Sony Bravia smart TV is not playing the programmes on BBC iplayer again. All the iplayer pages and navigation seem to be there, it's just after you have chosen the prog to watch and you press play - it goes to the white screen saying may be wrong URL etc.

Help please!
Danielcoz
Explorer

I know u say no need to reply but this is a bit unacceptable when the last problem was only resolved a month ago. What's the issue between Sony and BBC on iPlayer? What aren't u coordinating on? Please advise and please fix this problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I said no need to reply, didnt say you cant :slight_smile:

I do agree though on what you said, there is obviously an unresolved issue somewhere.

Danielcoz
Explorer

Actually just read your post. Rather quickly is a bit of a joke. It took more than a week. Sorry to sound exasperated but this is less  than a month since it last happened.

Tags (1)
Danielcoz
Explorer

:smileyhappy:Fair point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danielcoz wrote:

Sorry to sound exasperated but this is less  than a month since it last happened.

Thats kind of what my mum said when I told her this evening.  Exact words were "What, Again"

Hopefully there will be more information tomorrow. (Hopefully fixed IMHO)

profile.country.en_GB.title
rochelle56
New

This is the first time it has happened to me. It is very annoying and I have emailed the support team.
profile.country.en_GB.title
woody2shooz
Explorer

It is annoying to buy something based on the ingredients written on the tin only to find that one of the ingredients is missing.
Yesterday the iplayer was not working also the Lovefilm menus were empty until late evening. Lovefilm is now back but still no iplayer. I too express frustration.