Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
Cyrax.NET

BBC Iplayer issues

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone else is experienceing iplayer issues recently?(in the last few weeks).

Iplayer on my KDL-40EX403 takes longer than it used to navigate, content does not always play and even parts of the player skin do not load e.g. the frames and borders don't always get downloaded or loaded?

I can access iplayer through PC fine and it still works on the bravia OK from time to time but has become unstable.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No reports of mass iPlayer issues for sometime.  So it comes down to the usual troubleshootings to be honest.

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed
  2. Try a factory reset of the TV
  3. Test the speed of your internet connection, and ensure that its adequate
  4. If you are using a wireless dongle, try connecting an ethernet cable instead for a 'wired' solution.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Cyrax.NET

I'm back again with the same issue.  Since I posted, problem went away but ever since same intermittent problem.

Right now same again.  Can open the app, browse to a show but when I click play, nothing happens and just the "loading..." text in the top right hand corner.

Tv just reset to factory settings.  Net connection more than adequate.  iplayer working on laptop, mobile devices etc.

I'm getting frustrated with this.  Where does the problem lye and can sony/bbc just sort it out.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does other internet apps on the TV work or not work (such as YouTube)?

Can you ensure that your firmware is the latest : PKG4.117EUL-0108?

Are you using an ethernet cable to connect the TV to your router ?  (If not, please test this)?

Cheers