Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S185 - Activate Enhanced Features / Netflix

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thiswebsiteisawful
Visitor

BDP-S185 - Activate Enhanced Features / Netflix

So, got my new blue ray, want to activate enhanced features. It tells me to register online and gives me a web address -account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/services - which says this:

Server Maintenance

The site is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. (500)

Related Links

Go to SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com to learn more.Access your account to manage your Sony devices, media, and account information.

Unhelpful.

I have registered the product assuming that the code my TV screen is flashing at me could be entered in the registration process but that would be too easy.

Grateful for any help....

I should add - I'm activating the enhanced features in the hope that I can add Netflix to the "Video" list. I have seen posts which say that ITV Player cannot be added so assuming same for Netflix?

Thanks for any replies...

Emma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You went to the correct website. I have just tried to log into my own account, it is down. Just wait until it comes back, more than likely in the early hours of the morning, time differences between here and Japan (if thats where the site is hosted)

Right, now for the bad news - ITV player is not available on Sony devices, which includes your bluray player.

And the really bad news is - Netflix is not available either. Only 2012 models of Sony devices are able to get Netflix. See the FAQ in the link below. You may have seen websites that say that Netflix is available, and that is correct, on US models, NOT UK.

http://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/1265664

I know that is not the answers you are looking for, but hope it clears things up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You went to the correct website. I have just tried to log into my own account, it is down. Just wait until it comes back, more than likely in the early hours of the morning, time differences between here and Japan (if thats where the site is hosted)

Right, now for the bad news - ITV player is not available on Sony devices, which includes your bluray player.

And the really bad news is - Netflix is not available either. Only 2012 models of Sony devices are able to get Netflix. See the FAQ in the link below. You may have seen websites that say that Netflix is available, and that is correct, on US models, NOT UK.

http://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/1265664

I know that is not the answers you are looking for, but hope it clears things up.

I have the same issue.

Nefflix have just advised me that the BDP-S185 player I purchased in the UK, is only compatible with Netflix in the US & Canada.

The Sony technical customer service guy I spoke to tells me this is not a device issue but a Sony/Netflix technical problem - he was unable to give me any useful feedback on when this "technical problem" might be resolved.

Essentially I want to know why a device sold in the UK is incompatible with Netflix UK and what can be done to resolve this asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The issue about Netflix being available on the BDP-S185 cannot be resolved.  Please see the Netflix FAQ as it contains all the information on why : HERE

Cheers