Join now - be part of our community!

Best quality connection legacy DVD to Bravia KDL-32WD752 - component to SCART or convert to HDMI?

profile.country.GB.title
Trinitron42

Best quality connection legacy DVD to Bravia KDL-32WD752 - component to SCART or convert to HDMI?

I have a legacy DVD which outputs component video via SCART (and has S-Video and composite outputs also). I believe component video is best quality of the choices. Does the Bravia SCART input accept component? If so, does it upscale internally? Or am I better to go via an external component > HDMI converter?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.PT.title
huconce
Expert

RGB is better, check this video

I think is going to help :yahoo:

profile.country.GB.title
Trinitron42

Interesting, thanks. Gamer-oriented but does show RGB is best quality then S-video then Composite in decreasing order (as you'd expect). I knew the Meridian 596 would output RGB which is why I was trying to find if the Sony Bravia supported it and if an external device such as in the video would be better than the internal conversion in the TV. The internal conversion "should" be preferable but it depends on the spec / implementation. You may have noticed in the video he says the audio is better (for him with his kit) on RCA out than via SCART - so there is a difference on the audio.

That said, I'm using the 596 audio straight into the Meridian amp so it's audiophile standard and doesn't go anywhere near the TV so the TV audio quality is of no concern in my case. :slight_smile: