Join now - be part of our community!

Black Screen on Internet Services - No iPlayer/YouTube etc

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

Black Screen on Internet Services - No iPlayer/YouTube etc

I have a Sony 40HX753 and just tried to use the Internet Services selection to access You Tube and iPlayer only to get a black screen after it has run through the usual authentication and Loading processes. Nothing...zip...nado on the screen after pressing the Home button as requested on the TV.

Also if I select SEN I get the Sony Entertainment Network screen up with icons for some of the internet services and then a "You need to refresh Internet Content" if I select yes I go back to the TV screen and if I select No the same happens. So either way I don't get any internets services. Also sometimes I get an error 5007 when refreshing

Any tips appreciated as either the service is down or Sony have turned it off...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

Reading other posts and although dubious I tried a factory reset.

It worked

I suspect an auto software upgrade and a factory reset embedded the changes. Not done one since I bought the set 5 years ago so thats interesting as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

Reading other posts and although dubious I tried a factory reset.

It worked

I suspect an auto software upgrade and a factory reset embedded the changes. Not done one since I bought the set 5 years ago so thats interesting as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi gastyli, 

Glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

Thanks Sean

As I say and to the best of my memory I have never done a factory reset since buying the TV 5 years ago.I have the software update on auto so must have received updates before. Its interesting that a good old fashioned factory reset solved the problem this time. I would recommend everyone does the same from time to time. It certainly seems to clear out the cobwebs. I'm a fan of Sony TVs but not their software support. they are not alone in this respect but are pretty poor at execution and supporting software issues. I will see if they have improved when I get my next LED TV, Android I assume, in a while

Cheers

Gary