Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Ray and Sony Bravia

profile.country.en_GB.title
rugraha34
Visitor

Blue Ray and Sony Bravia

Looking for help ....we have 2 Sony Bravia's and 1 S390 wifi blue ray and I want each tv to connect via wifi....one is connected via an hdmi through our sky, but I cannot get the other Bravia to connect via the wifi....any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Bravia55HX

Hi,

not sure what you have done here, but the model number of the tv's would be a great help.

rugraha34
Visitor

Hi there

we have a

BDP-S390 Blueray

KDL-22EX553 TV

KDL-46CX520TV

the blue ray is connected to our bt router by wifi and we have an hdmi lead through the sky dish to the 46" tv however I don't know how to pick it up on the 22" tv via wifi

Bravia55HX

your KDL22 should pick up the wi fi the same way as your Blu Ray player did, go to settings then network set up and set up for wireless connection it should be straightforward.

rugraha34
Visitor

Thanks for your reply

We have actully done that setting and it is picking up my laptop.

Which menu should I be in to pick up the blue ray as whenever I go into the network and inputs there is the hdmi 1 which is my sky hdmi2 which is free AV1 which has the blue mark (but not sure what is connected to it) - PC which is "greyed out" and Ruth-Laptop

It seems to me that the wifi is picking up my laptop in place of the blueray and that we have set something wrong in the settings!

Your thoughts would be appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rugraha34,

Welcome to Questions and Answers..

I think there may be some confusion here..

Are you trying to access your BDP-S390, which is connected to your KDL-46CX520 via HDMI through your sky box, via wifi on KDL-26EX553.?

rugraha34
Visitor

Sorry for the confusion, I am not very technically minded

We have

BDP-S390 Blueray

KDL-22EX553 TV

KDL-46CX520TV

the blue ray is connected to our bt router by wifi and we have an hdmi lead which under normal use is plugged into the the sky dish to the 46" tv - when we want to view the blue ray we plug it into the blue ray.

The 22" TV network has been set up and the AV1 is highlighted, but there is nothing there - under the inputs tab there is my laptop, but no blue ray listed

Does this make any sense?

Ruth

Message was edited by: rugraha34

Anonymous
Not applicable

To use your bluray player on your 22" TV, it must be connected via HDMI to that 22" TV.

You can not have it connected to your 46" TV, and use it via your 22" TV (unless you have another piece of kit, to stream video to another TV)

When connecting the bluray player onto the network, it is to use the internet functions on that bluray player.

Hope that helps,

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ruth,

Yes thanks that makes perfect sense & as Quinnicus has correctly mentioned above if you wish to watch BluRay on your 22' Bravia you will need to connect your BDP-S390 to your KDL-22EX553 Bravia..

rugraha34
Visitor

Thanks to you both, that actually makes sense that the wifi is for the network and not the connectvity.  

We already have an HDMI splitter to connect the Sky to both TV's - the other piece of kit to stream you mention, do you think another HDMI splitter work to connect both TV's to the blue ray? or is there something else on the market we don't know about?

Thanks for your help

Ruth