Join now - be part of our community!

Both speaker system at once

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
InvalidUsername
Visitor

Both speaker system at once

Hi all, I have a KDL-46HX750 connected to a BDV-N790w. When I use the Bravia sync to start both at once, the tv does not recognise the audio system in time and it displays a message to say TV speakers are active. A second or so later the audio system speakers also start. They are very slightly out of sync. I then have to manually switch off the tv speakers to eliminate the echo effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
James-T-Kirk
New

I managed to fix the problem. I disconnected my optical cable from my TV and Bose surround set, powered off both sets, waited for a couple of minutes, powered on my TV, wait until TV is fully started, (sound is coming from my TV speakers only), connected optical cable again between my TV and BOSE system, powered on my BOSE system, (sound is still coming only from my TV speakers), change the Audio settings of my TV to surround set, sound now switches from TV speakers to surround speakers (TV speakers are automatically muted).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
James-T-Kirk
New

I have the same problem. I've got a KDL-40HX800 Bravia TV, a PS3 (HDMI 1) and Philips 3D Blu Ray player (HDMI) and a BOSE Cinemate GS surround system (Optical) connected to my TV. At first everything worked fine, the TV speakers were checked by the TV software and disabled when it detected that my surround system was active. But recently when I power on my TV and BOSE Cinemate GS system I get a Connection error on my TV saying that it can't connect to the surround system and is reverting back to the TV speakers. However I can hear sound coming both from my surround system and TV speakers (with delay). Whenever I try to select the surround system in the TV set up Audio menu, I get the same message that it failed to get the optical connection to my surround system and reverting to the TV speakers. Sound is still coming from both systems, the only way to get rid of the TV sound is muting it on my remote. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
InvalidUsername
Visitor

I had a problem with my unit in that there was no output from the HDMI. The shop has replaced it and the new unit does not have the speaker problem. At the same time as the unit replacement, I also replace the HDMI cable for the latest type, so that may have helped.

profile.country.NL.title
James-T-Kirk
New

I managed to fix the problem. I disconnected my optical cable from my TV and Bose surround set, powered off both sets, waited for a couple of minutes, powered on my TV, wait until TV is fully started, (sound is coming from my TV speakers only), connected optical cable again between my TV and BOSE system, powered on my BOSE system, (sound is still coming only from my TV speakers), change the Audio settings of my TV to surround set, sound now switches from TV speakers to surround speakers (TV speakers are automatically muted).