Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 32CX520 not visible to Windows 7

profile.country.en_GB.title
WallyZebon
Visitor

Bravia 32CX520 not visible to Windows 7

I'm having intermittent problems straming media from my PC to my Bravia 32CX520.

I have tried using Serviio and I'm now using HomeStream, but I still get the same issues.

Basically when I view my network on my Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 PC, I don't see my TV all the time.  Sometimes it is visible and I can access my media files from the TV.  But most of the time it is not visible and the HomeStream option is greyed out.

The TV should appear under Media Devices in My Network.

I have connected both my PC and my TV through homeplugs and my BT Homehub 3.0 provides the IP Addresses.  My laptop and my sons PC both work perfectly.  My sons PC is cabled directly to the router and the laptop uses wireless.  I am using 3 homeplug adapters in total.  One on the PC, one on the TV and one on the router.

The problem seems to have arisen since we moved broadband from Talk-Talk to BT.  Could there be an issue with our new router?

I have just recently reinstalled the PC to try and fix the problem, but it is still the same.

Please help.  This is driving me nuts.

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you probably need to re set the Homegroup in Network and Internet in the control panel.

WallyZebon
Visitor

I've tried that.  I was up till after midnight trying to get this thing working.  My sons PC and my laptop are connected to the same homegroup, but my PC will not join it. 

I'm getting suspicious of my Homeplug adapters.  I put a USB WiFi adapter on my PC and disabled the NIC and it worked OK, so I'm going home tonight to try a different NIC and if that fails then I'll try hard wiring it to the router to see if that makes a difference.

I have 2 different types of homeplug adapters.  Both support 200Mb speeds, but different manufacturers.  I suspect there are minor incompatabilities between the 2 that are causing my problems.