Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 42W815B not picking up bluetooth devices

SOLVED

Bravia 42W815B not picking up bluetooth devices

Hi.

I just got a Bravia 42W815B and a HT-CT60BT sound bar.  When I try to pair the TV and the bar I have no luck.  Via the Bluetooth settings menu on the TV I search for a new device but it doesn't pick up any devices.  The sound bar is right next to it, the mode is set to visible/scan but the TV returns no devices found.  A similar scan on my phone picks up the sound bar so I know it is visible.  

I tried setting all sorts of other settings on the TV on/off but it still won't pick up the sound bar.  Am I missing something?  Should I be using a different method?

Thanks

Mullanrail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ask many dumb questions all the time !  But really, they are not dumb at all :slight_smile:

On the TV, you need to set 'Speakers' to "Audio System" and then press 'Optical' on the Soundbars remote control.  And that should be it

Good luck and have fun !

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You cannot 'pair' the soundbar via bluetooth to the TV.  The TV will only accept Bluetooth mice.  The bluetooth on the soundbar is to connect your phone or other device to it.

You will need to connect the optical cable (provided, I think) from the TV to the soundbar.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ah. Great. My first post and i expose how completely I am.

Ok. So the optical cable is connected but there still ain't no sound. Is there a setting somewhere?

Apologies for being totally dumb here. I am an embarrassment to everyone that knows me 😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ask many dumb questions all the time !  But really, they are not dumb at all :slight_smile:

On the TV, you need to set 'Speakers' to "Audio System" and then press 'Optical' on the Soundbars remote control.  And that should be it

Good luck and have fun !

Cheers

lmfmvdv2
Explorer

I noticed the same "feature" couldn't connect wireless speakers to the TV via Bleutooth and neither my wireless headphones. Really bad that no wireless headphones can be used with the TV's from Sony.

shamshad
New