Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia input problem

profile.country.GB.title
ejletzer
New

Bravia input problem

Hi. I have a KDL-32V2000. I want it either to start up using the HDMI input, or to autoswitch to it when the input (Sony BDV0E380 sound system) switches on. I've looked through all the menu settings and can't find any way to do either. The TV always starts up using the internal tuner (which I don't ever use) irrespective of selection on switch off. My preferrer solution is for the TV to always select the HDMI input on switch on.

Can anyone help?

Eddie

Message was edited by: ejletzer

Message was edited by: ejletzer

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unforunately your tv set doesn't support the Bravia sync feature (Sony name for HDMI CEC standard) that enable the possibility to switch to the HDMI input whenever you switch on the attached device.

How do you switch on the TV? If you use the power on/off button (the green one), instead of the progr +/n or a channel number it should start with the last input selected, at least it work like this on my W4000.

profile.country.GB.title
ejletzer
New

Thank you for replying.

I thought being a Bravia it would have Bravia sync but it seems not. I nearly always use the on/off button either on the set or the green one on the remote. It makes no difference which, it always goes to internal tuner. Grrrrrrr.

It's interesting though that when using the input select, it jumps from the internal TV straight to AV4, the HDMI input, skipping AV1-3!!!

Eddie

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi Eddie, it should be possible also in the AV menu to hide those input you don't need, even if it does it automatically for you so it's no improvement. In my W4000 I was able to disable the analogue tuner, I didn't try but I think there is no option to disable the digital one, maybe you can have a look at it. I should also say that my menus are completely different because of the XMB PS3-like design the the W4000 is using.

profile.country.GB.title
ejletzer
New

Hi,

Yes, that's how I've managed to get it to skip AV1-3 but there's no option to skip the internal TV. I now have it coming up on analogue ch00 - the analogue has been completely reset and is untuned. At least that way I'm reminded to switch to AV4. If I leave the TV on digital the wife gets confused and thinks the TV tuner is the Humax set-top tuner - the one we use.   Eddie

LLBowes
New

When using the input button it skips over HDMI 2 that I want to use.  How can I make it go to HDMI 2?