Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-20S3000 How do you get source info off the screen?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sparkymawer
Visitor

Bravia KDL-20S3000 How do you get source info off the screen?

Hi,

I really hope someone can help with this infuriating little problem. My dad gave me one of these 20" LED tv's but without the remote control. So I've decided to use it as a computer monitor. It works great but for one thing. On the top left of the screen there's three lines of info that just won't go away:

PC

->...6 (ok it doesn't look exactly like this but I'm sure you know what I mean

1280x768 / 60

I've downloaded and been through the manual. I've tried going through all the menus. I can get rid of this info if I go through the menus and something else comes up on the screen in its place but as soon as I exit the menu system I get these three lines back. The problem is that they cover toolbars on the pc and so are a real pain. As I said this is a potentially great monitor but I can't live with this blurb constantly obscuring an important part of the screen.

If anyone can help that would be brilliant as I really want this to work.

Cheers,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

its not that hard to replace remote controls and i would suspect that without it you will not lose the input information as it will be one of the buttons on that most likely, therefore i have posted a link for a replacement.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONY-KDL20S3000-Original-Remote-Control/dp/B009M831HU

bear in mind there are many other outlets for remotes if you google them, i just chose this as it was easy to find.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sparkymawer
Visitor

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm a bit reluctant (for now at least) to buy a remote control on the assumption that I press a button on it and it solves the problem. So in the best case scenario, I'll use it just once before sticking it in the dawer. £20 quid or so and a week's wait seems not really that ideal.  I've got a universal remote somewhere that I never got round to using. So I'll dig that out and update it as a first option. But again thanks for your suggestion.