Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-32CX523 software update doesn't work

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
donbradbury
Explorer

Bravia KDL-32CX523 software update doesn't work

Tried several times, both direct from the screen prompt and also via the TV menus, The TV goes away and thinks a minute, then simply repeats the update offer. Switching the prompt to 'Later' is the only way out. What am I doing wrong? I know my Homeplug link is OK as I can use iPlayer. Any clues?

Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
donbradbury
Explorer

To hopefully complete this story:  I DID switch off auto software update in the Sony Setup menu. That got rid of the u/d nag screen nicely, but I thought I'd just try a manual software update from the menu options once again to see if that had made any difference. It did! Software u/d went smoothly, so I switched the auto update prompt back on again, and so far that seems to be responding normally as well.

Moral? Don't rush into doing a full system reset. It may not be necessary. Personally, I'd made so many adjustments to system setup that I was reluctant to reset the lot.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Don 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think your TV has got itself into a loop.  I would probably do a factory reset to clear anything, and then apply the update again.  Baring in mind that a factory reset will loose all settings (ie, picture/network etc), So maybe write them down before hand.

Hope that helps.

donbradbury
Explorer

>Baring in mind that a factory reset will loose all settings

Oh great! Think I'll just switch updates off altogether in that case. They don't generally amount to much anyway, and that probably beats having to switch to 'later' at every switch-on. That'd drive the wife wild <g>.

Thanks,

Don

donbradbury
Explorer

To hopefully complete this story:  I DID switch off auto software update in the Sony Setup menu. That got rid of the u/d nag screen nicely, but I thought I'd just try a manual software update from the menu options once again to see if that had made any difference. It did! Software u/d went smoothly, so I switched the auto update prompt back on again, and so far that seems to be responding normally as well.

Moral? Don't rush into doing a full system reset. It may not be necessary. Personally, I'd made so many adjustments to system setup that I was reluctant to reset the lot.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Don