Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-40V2000

profile.country.en_GB.title
brianreeve
Visitor

Bravia KDL-40V2000

I have a KDL 40v2000 and goes into standby mode blinking nine times stops then blinks again. Looked on sony site and cant find any information can anyone help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
rojones5238
Visitor

Bravia KDL-40V2000

Hi, i had the same?similar problem;TV would go on and off at 1 minute intervals (screen blank for about 10seconds each time and the green light would be on.After about 3-4 times it would stay off in standby(Red light flashing 9 times space then  9 times again,would not shift from this even when using top on-off button (manual) only by un-plugging from mains for a minute would it come back to Stand by and the come on with the remote control.

I was checking through these sequences for writing a question here when it worked !!

What was effective I'm not too sure but ( the Smartplug was not in use) my Humax box connected via HDMI was off in the mains and I only had the aerial (digital) connected to TV.

I had vaguely noticed that there was no receptiuon on digital,but with Humax on I did not think much of it (I was so worried that my expensive TV was no more) however,this afternoon while the TV was on for the usual minute I tried to tune in the digital - though less than a minute was hopelessly inadeuate - all of a sudden a picture came on the screen and it has worked fine since with the Humax as well.

I am convinced it was something to do with the digital (aerial) connection?tuning - went to Digital set up and within seconds the picture appeared on screen AND THE TV DID NOT GO OFF i.e. behaved normally.

Best of luck.

secret_seagull
New

Ditto. Same problem. Did you ever solve this?

As mentioned in the other reply, I first noticed a couple of weeks ago that the digital channels were lost every time it went into standby. I had to re-tune every time if I wanted these. but it didn't other me too much because I don't use this - I have a Sky box plugged in. Maybe I should have taken it as a warning of what was to come, and got it servocied then. This morning, it tried to turn on, thought about it, then kept clicking back off and on without every fully warming up.

I unnplugged the cables (VGA monitor cable first), and that's when the standby light indicated it was going into diagnoistics mode, and started flashing 9 times, pausing for a second, then starting again. There's nothing in the manual to suggest what this is, other than to contact a repair centre.

I'm going to leave it off for a few hours to see what happens, then consider the repair option. Although there's a tasty looking offer available on the W9 series at the moment if the wife lets me.