Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-46EX703 switching off and on on channel 4 music

profile.country.en_GB.title
bogdanH64
New

Bravia KDL-46EX703 switching off and on on channel 4 music

For the past month we've had a problem with our TV. Whenever we switch on 4music, the TV switches itself off and then back on, it does this every few seconds. All the other channels are working fine. I tried to re-tune all the channels but there's still a problem with the 4music channel.

My TV serial number is 9111808
software version PKG4.114EUL-0108

I've had this TV for 2 years now and there's never been a problem with it before.

Hope you can help me.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
parusht60
Explorer

hi,i have a 40ex503 and have started having the same problem

profile.country.GB.title
Gussie1010
New

Same here on a KDL -37EX403 (FW: PKG4.114EUL-0108) even afer a full retune.

COME ON SONY GET THIS FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Gussie1010
New

This is what Sony Customer Support have said to me ..

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your KDL-37EX403. We are sorry to learn that the TV switches off with 4Music channel.

In regards to your query, sadly 4Music channel is an internet channel which is not compatible your TV.

I am sorry I cannot be of greater assistance on this occasion; however I hope that my e-mail has gone some way to clarifying this matter.

Thank you for your enquiry.

So it will never be fixed !

You can however circumvent the issue by disconnecting the tv from the internet - then you can watch 4Music without interruption.

Nice one Sony !

bogdanH64
New

After internet disconnection its works.  Many thanks!!

drchrissmith
New

Hi

I have two 2010 SONY "Smart" TV's both of which are on FW: PKG4.114EUL/T-0108. I fail to see how the suggested "fix" to effectively neuter the internet connectivity of these older platforms is an acceptable solution for what is undoubtedly a firmware issue.

The reality is that SONY should fix the underlying problem and issue a proper firmware fix for this older generation of TV's as many were purchased (at considerable expense at the time) on the assumption they were "future proof" to an extent . I consider the network access feature to be fundamental to the effective operation of these devices and as such SONY really need to fix this and not suggest disabling core functionality as an effective "fix".

I look forward to a positive outcome from SONY as they did previously with the audio switching issue I raised.

Any other (I assume all do in the UK) users of the 2010 platform TV's please add to this request for effective action from SONY.

Thanks

Dr Chris Smith