Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL42W805A HT-CT260H Sound bar not HDMI Switching?

petebandoo
Explorer

Bravia KDL42W805A HT-CT260H Sound bar not HDMI Switching?

Hi,

Any help much appreciated.  Whilst i do have other HDMI devices I've tried to simplify this to simply achieve sound from the TV (digital TV) being sent to the sound bar via HDMI. Currently no sound from the sound bar (unless I connect optical and set amp/SB to optical)

HDMI Cable connected from HMDI 1 (ARC) on TV to HDMI TV OUT on the SB.

Input on SB set to TV(HDMI)

AMP Menu settings:

TV AUDIO set to TV(HDMI)

HDMI set to C.HDMI ON

P.THRU set to ON

On the TV I have 

Dual Sound Stereo

Speakers Audio Sys

Headphone/audio out Headphone

Digital Audio Out - Auto

AV preset hdmi1 enable always

Thanks

Pete

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In the soundbar menu there should be an option ARC ON/OFF, have you enabled it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I guess the first thing to do - is ensure that you are using a HDMI cable that is capable of ARC functions (ie 1.4).  Or try replacing the HDMI cable altogether. 

Your settings look correct.

Cheers

petebandoo
Explorer

Hi,

The soundbar manual says TV AUDIO should be set to TV(HDMI) when the system is connected to a TV (ARC) jack of the TV with an HMDI cable, which it is.  Also C.HDMI ON tons on the control for HDMI function - also set.

There aren't any additional ARC settings on the device.

Cheers

Pete

petebandoo
Explorer

The cable should be I think, however if you agree all the other settings are correct I guess I should purchase another cable to be certain as failing that I assume either the TV or the soundbar has a fault.

petebandoo
Explorer

Sadly new cable that is definately suitable doesnt make any difference. Maybe a hardware fault in TV or Soundbar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From that, my money will be on a faulty soundbar.  To be sure, you probably want to test the soundbar on another TV (if one is available)?

petebandoo
Explorer

Well sound bar changed - still not working.  So I guess that just leaves the TV....

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have put money on the Soundbar - but are you able to test it on another TV using the same HDMI cable that you would have?