Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia sync keeps failing

profile.country.en_GB.title
dcy100
Visitor

Bravia sync keeps failing

I have had my BDV-E370 and KDL-37EX503 for 8 months and the Bravia Sync has been working fine. However, i have recently had it fail twice. After first fail I managed to get it working again through a combination of powering on and off and reconnecting HDMI cables.

Some of the issues I see:

- TV power doesnt turn on BD player

- If i then turn on BD player I get both TV and BDV-E370 audio together (with slight delay) when watching TV (from a Virgin Media box)  (Note I use an optical cable from TV to BDV for audio)

- If I switch over to BDV HDMI connection it works fine - i can see the picture and get audio fine, so the HDMI connection is made

- The "Sync menu : HDMI Device" menu shows "no HDMI control devices". Although when it does work, it does list the dlu ray player.

Possibly unconnected to this, i have had my system crash a few times - when switching back and forward between TV and playing of a DVD, I have found on returning to the BDV-E370 HDMI connection, the screen shows the "TV screen" for the TV function of BDV-E370 but its in pink, not black. Have to re-power the system to get back to normal operation.

Both the BDV-E370 and KDL-37EX503 have up to date firmware.

Anyone have any thoughts about what might be going on?

Thanks,

David

3 REPLIES 3
dcy100
Visitor

After technical support via email failed to help out I had to take the TV and BR player in for repair.

The BR player crashing was fixed by replacing a PCB but the repairers didnt see any issue with the Bravia Sync.

On returning home I continued to have problems with Bravia sync - after trying more things I was able to track the issue down to the Virgin Media box which apparently doesnt follow the industry standard for HDMI connections and it was interfering with the Bravia Sync - not sure why it hadnt always done this, but anyway it was the issue as I fixed it by applying a very small piece of tape over the channel which Bravia Sync uses inside the HDMI cable to my Virgin Media box. Its been working ever since!

Next question - why is this not more commonly known about?

D.

weblogic
Visitor

Hi, I am having a similar issue with my Sony Bravia TV.  When I connect a external freeview box via HDMI, it knocks out Bravia Sync and I can no longer control my Sony bluray player or PS3.  Can you give me some more detail on which pin on the HDMI cable you put the tape over?

Thanks,

dcy100
Visitor

I think its the CEC connection:

http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

D.