Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV no longer records

profile.country.GB.title
Mark-KH
New

Bravia TV no longer records

KDL-32RD433.  I've had a hard drive connected to our TV for months and have a number of programmes recorded on it.  So, recording has not been a problem, until now.  There is still lots of space (>800Gb/1Tb), but it will no longer record.  Though it will play old recordings.

I've now tested it a number of times and have checked that the red line appears over the selected programme, the timer has been examined and appears OK.  However, after the programme has finished - nothing.  The title list is exactly the same as before.

I do not know if this is related, but there is a timer in the timer list that I cannot delete.  It was set for a programme that was recorded, but the timer is still set, even though the recording date is now long past.  I'm suspecting a bug in the software and was wondering whether there is any way I can 'Reset' the TV.  I cannot find any menu-selectable function that suggests this is possible.  Is there a way I can do this and start with a clean slate?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Mark, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

You could try a power reset, following these instructions.

If that doesn't clear the timer menu, you can reset to factory settings

Good luck!

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Mark-KH
New

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the response and my apologies for not acknowledging it sooner.

The reason I'm re-visiting this forum today is beacuse I have reverted to factory settings YET AGAIN!  To be honest, I've lost count of the number of times I've had to do this.

The other issue I would like to be conveyed to Sony is that, while I have been watching a recording, the TV has suddenly blanked and gone through a power reset.  If it was in the middle of recording at the same time, that will be lost as well.

The sudden reset and the occasional inability to recognise the recording timers is VERY annoying and not the sort of issue I had expected.  I expect better from Sony.