Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
jmtinker
Visitor

Bravia TV Problem

Hi,

I have a sony Bravia KDL-S32A12U television (Silver). I have had it for about 6 years or so and it has been a great TV. I Am looking to upgrade sometime soon and thought (foolishly!) to have a play around with the service menu to see if I could improve the picture as I always felt it was a liitle too dark.

However, The TV now seems to be stuck on the PC input and will not respond to the remote or turn off with the power button on the tv itself. I have tried doing a hard reset with the remote and power buttons (as suggested on some sites) and also tried removing the power completely for about an hour but no luck. The TV is still stuck on the PC input.

I can see the green light flashing on the tv when I press a button on the remote so it is working but just not doing anything other than showng the PC picture via VGA cable.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jmtinker.

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Have you tried to remove the vga cable? I guess the on-screen menu works, since you did a factory reset. It should hereby be possible to undo any wrong settings also.

jmtinker
Visitor

Hi

Thankyou for your response.

I have tried without VGA cable. Also menu does not come up when I press the button on the remote. Nothing happens at all when I press the buttons on the remote except for the green light on the TV flashing when I press one.

Thanks

jmtinker.

etritd
New

see if the green light flashes when u press the menu buton on the remote and make sure it's not a foulty of the remote because some butons might work and some other might not. if your TV has menu butons on the set, try pressing them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try pressing the [Input Select] button on the TV itself. Its located between the [Menu] button and the [Volume Down] button.

Just a thought, in regards to the remote thats all.

Cheers.

jmtinker
Visitor

Thankyou for all the suggestions.

Have tried all buttons on the remote (menu button as well). green light flashes will all buttons. but tv does not do anything.

Will not change channel, volume, no menu etc. even tried all buttons on the tv itself but they do not work either. Can't even turn the tv off without unplugging it but it does go into standby mode when the pc switches off.

Its almost like it has gone into a PC monitor only mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that nothing has worked. This is another one of the annoying problems that should be an easy fix. Short of getting an Sony repair center to look at it. It may be a valid justification to upgrade to a new modern LED TV. Alternatively, some charity shops still sell these CRT TV's at a rather cheap price.

jmtinker
Visitor

No problem thanks for all your help. Was thinking of upgrading anyway and this gives me a good excuse.

Have contacted Sony via email to see if they have any suggestions. Will see what happens

Thanks

jmtinker

Catmambo
Contributor

New models are due out shortly & you'll see a massive performance increase compared to your current model. The product pages http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd-television will be updated over the next couple of weeks, so do check them out.

thanks

Bournemouth.1175
Explorer

My Sony Bravia TV keeps going off remote will not work