Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
jmtinker
Visitor

Bravia TV Problem

Hi,

I have a sony Bravia KDL-S32A12U television (Silver). I have had it for about 6 years or so and it has been a great TV. I Am looking to upgrade sometime soon and thought (foolishly!) to have a play around with the service menu to see if I could improve the picture as I always felt it was a liitle too dark.

However, The TV now seems to be stuck on the PC input and will not respond to the remote or turn off with the power button on the tv itself. I have tried doing a hard reset with the remote and power buttons (as suggested on some sites) and also tried removing the power completely for about an hour but no luck. The TV is still stuck on the PC input.

I can see the green light flashing on the tv when I press a button on the remote so it is working but just not doing anything other than showng the PC picture via VGA cable.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jmtinker.

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.LV.title
StevenMael
New

We purchased a Sony 75" 4K HDR Ultra XBR75X850D at the end of 2016, but I don't think that matters in this situation as I believe from my research that this is an inherent Sony TV Remote issue. At any rate, the remote suddenly stopped working. It may have been immediately after a firmware update. I did the remote reset by taking the batteries out and pressing every button for at least three seconds, with no luck. Figuring the remote went bad, I took it back to Best Buy for a replacement, but the representative took the remote and used it on every Sony TV in the room without issue. Arrr...

Now knowing the remote works I started looking on the web again, finding nothing but rubbish answers that treat customers like they are morons who have never used a remote control before; do you have batteries in the remote, are you pointing the remote at the TV, etc.; seriously, are you technicians or just a bunch of incompetents who read solutions off the same piece of paper. The one that really almost angered me was: Turn on the TV, go to settings, and reset the TV to factory default. If I could do that, the remote would be working and I wouldn't need this question answered.

Well, just trying things, I unplugged the TV, pressed the power button on the back of the TV to discharge the capacitors and other electronics, plugged the TV back in, and wha-la, the remote control now operates as designed.

I hope this helps some of you!