Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV "Options" stop working once in some apps eg bbc catch up

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Bravia TV "Options" stop working once in some apps eg bbc catch up

Hello, new here, just joined. 

Been getting to grips my new KDL49WE753 TV

I think I've worked out out most of it but noticed this;

When not watching direct tv, for instance when using bbc catch-up, then remote control "Options" stops working, so it's impossible to change any sound or picture settings (other than volume) from within that app. Even the separate picture sizing button stops working. It's ok with some non direct TV apps such as Netflix. Just wondering if it's an app bug. I just cannot work out any way of getting it to work. So basically once in catch-up for instance and I wanted say, to turn brightness down, or activate picture Custom setting, I can't, and I can't see any work around either, e.g. going back to home screen because then it's a long trawl back to the non tv app and the content I was watching

Anyone else had this?

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community. So you can’t change certain sound or picture settings when using particular apps on your new KDL49WE753? Which apps are you having this issue with?

Thanks,
Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Hi Pascal,

Netflix and YouTube apps seem to be ok but it happens with tv catch up apps.

Best way is maybe to pick a single example, eg BBC i-player

Navigate to a BBC i-player tv program either via Guide key-Yellow Catch-up key- BBC i-player etc
or:
Home key-All Apps-BBC i-player etc

Watch the program

Press Options key, say to change a sound or picture setting to match the content being watched.

Nothing happens.......

Go back to normal tv and all's ok again.

So when watching catch up tv, the Options key is killed, you're stuck with fixed picture/sound settings. The picture format key is also killed.

That's it.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Hi Pascal,

Any thoughts on this? It's a definite and 100% reproducible characteristic. 

I can video the operation, with the tv screen and remote control all in field of view then post it on YouTube or on Facebook for you if that helps. 

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Hi again Pascal,

This Bravia problem really does rob this tv of what would otherwise be many of its great qualities, but which become totally absent when the tv is not in terrestrial mode. 

Have a look look on Amazon uk reviews, I've logged the problem there to warn potential purchasers, as this product should never have been  sold with a major and blatant flaw like this. I'm arranging to have this tv swapped unless Sony come up with a fix pretty soon.