Join now - be part of our community!

Can a Windows desktop screen be shown at a Wifi connected Sony Bravia?

profile.country.de_AT.title
singerw1
New

Several answers in the Internet suggest: "yes, via HDMI or Ethernet". But we are looking for a solution with Wifi, so that we don't need to attach a cable.

In our case the TV is a KDL-40HX755.

Nachricht geändert durch singerw1

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
boxowl
New

Hello singerw1,

no the Sony TV cannot display a Windows desktop screen. But the TV can act as UPNP-compliant Renderer if connected to an UPNP-Server. The connection can be either wired or wireless.

The Windows Media Player 12 has built in UPNP-Server funtionality. Be sure to check the audio- and video

formats supported by the TV. You will find this information in the electronic manual of your TV (also available in the net: see SONY -> Support).

Regards

Boxowl

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

There is a solution using VLC to stream the desktop to the TV, but as I have heard it's rather slow and not useful at all.

I still use a rather long HDMI cable.

Also if I ping my Sony TV on my Wifi home network latency is remarkable long and vary allot. This will make response too tedious for normal use I think.

singerw1
New

Nielsen, Thank you for the information.

singerw1
New

Hello Boxowl,

thank you for your answer. However, we have all the other rendering functions running, we are just looking for the desktop to TV via Wifi functionality, which seems not to exist (yet?).

singerw1

Message was edited by: -Soup-

personal details removed