Join now - be part of our community!

Can I use my Bluetooth headphones with my KDL-40NX803

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Can I use my Bluetooth headphones with my KDL-40NX803

Just got these for my iPad and wondered if I plug in a USB BT dongle or nano dongle would I be able to get some/all functionality from my TV ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunatley it will not work. Any other dongles that are not specified by Sony wont work, due to the fact that each dongle requires specific drivers to be installed.

Search on Amazon for Wireless Bluetooth for TV and it will come up with a few products that have the 3.5mm audio jack. Something like that would be what you would need. However they only have a range of 10metres. Also I wouldnt know how successful they are, as I havent tried them myself.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunatley it will not work. Any other dongles that are not specified by Sony wont work, due to the fact that each dongle requires specific drivers to be installed.

Search on Amazon for Wireless Bluetooth for TV and it will come up with a few products that have the 3.5mm audio jack. Something like that would be what you would need. However they only have a range of 10metres. Also I wouldnt know how successful they are, as I havent tried them myself.

Hope that helps.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks for that Quinnicus, Why am I not surprised that it don't work like that!

I've just got the phones and I've been walking round the house, wearingf the carpet out with a big daft smile on my face!

I'm very impressed with my new toy and just wanted to share it with my TV.....or maybe even my PC.

If it was simply a case of buying one of those BT nano dongles!

Ah well, It'll just be me and my iPad in splendid, solitary isolation. :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe. That poor carpet. However I can understand, as i bought my mum a pair of wireless headphones for her TV, and she used to listen to X-factor whilst having a smoke outside.

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

That sounds like a plan!

Pity I gave up a few years ago.

I used to do the ironing with my head firmly tethered to my HiFi system back in the 70's.

The wife used to laugh herself silly when I forgot I was "attached" and attempted to circumnavigate the board in time with my music!

I wouldn't call it dancing.....perish the thought!:smileywink:

Might try and see if a Nano USB one would work with the PC.....for Ironing purposes!!

Message was edited by: theracles