Join now - be part of our community!

Can no longer load bbc I player programs on Bravia tv

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Can no longer load bbc I player programs on Bravia tv

Hi I’m new here having just bought a Bravia kdl-49we753 

Suddenly, after a couple of weeks from new, the bbc I player app has stopped being able to load any tv program and the screen shows this:

”BBC

Something went wrong loading this program

This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme”

it it looks like a bbc generated message unless it’s a Sony in app one. I searched on line and found it mentioned on the bbc website where it said it happens on Bravia tv’s and to contact Sony support

Anyone else had this? It happened out of the blue and is still happening

Other catchup apps work fine. 

I’ve seen mentions of this on other manufacturer products where it talks about dns server addresses but I only bought this tv to watch; not to become an IT expert, so at the moment I’m truly in the dark.

Thanks,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Community. If the BBC website is suggesting you contact Sony Support about this, then we'd advise the same. You can reach them here.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Thanks Owen,

I contacted support and they told me that this problem, i.e. not loading bbc i player programs is known about and is being worked on right now by Sony engineers and is affecting some but not all Bravia tv's

So hopefully it will work again before too long, no time scales given.....

Maybe Sony should have a bulletin board where they could post known outages like this

I also chatted to the help desk guy about the other, Bbc i player and Itv hub problem where, when watching either of these, the Options key becomes inactive so you can't tune the sound or picture for example

He told me you couldn't do this because certain content does not allow sound or picture changes. I wasn't convinced because the Options key is the access to Everything, not just sound and picture, and the Options key just gets frozen. 

Dave