Join now - be part of our community!

Can Sony team update Netflix app on Bravia 26EX320?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gr8lanre
Visitor

Can Sony team update Netflix app on Bravia 26EX320?

Hello, I have a sony bravia 26EX320 tv and been trying to find Netflix app on it but it wasn't available. Could any one or Sony team help on how to go about this issue and get if fixed. Or if sony would add Netflix to their next update for the tv model.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sully1311
Explorer

"DRM requirements have changed since Netflix first launched in the US a few years back. Thus its now mandated that the devices have to support Playready as well as supporting specific browsers to deliver a consistent experience . Only 2012 devices deliver on both of these criteria and so unfortunately its not possible to backport it to previous models due to the changes in requirements. We recognise this is a huge frustration for customers and have have examined every anngle when it comes to finding a workaround, however it has not been possible unfortunately."

It isn't coming. End of. Sorry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sully1311
Explorer

Please read the 1st topic called Netflix FAQ.

gr8lanre
Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I would like to believe that it is possible for Sony to include Netflix app in their next update for these models. It would sound unreal if they say it is not possible, because I receive other new apps on my EX32 bravia whenever I update the internet contents.

sully1311
Explorer

"DRM requirements have changed since Netflix first launched in the US a few years back. Thus its now mandated that the devices have to support Playready as well as supporting specific browsers to deliver a consistent experience . Only 2012 devices deliver on both of these criteria and so unfortunately its not possible to backport it to previous models due to the changes in requirements. We recognise this is a huge frustration for customers and have have examined every anngle when it comes to finding a workaround, however it has not been possible unfortunately."

It isn't coming. End of. Sorry.