Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get sound through hi-fi speakers

profile.country.en_GB.title
richard.fullerton
Explorer

Can't get sound through hi-fi speakers

Hi

We've had the Bravia KDL-55HX853 (55 inch TV) for 6 months almost and love it. However, we have a problem in connecting our B&O Beosound 4 hi-fi system to the TV. We CAN get sound thru the B&O speakers when we play TV but cannot get sound thru the B&O speakers when we play a DVD.

I attach a picture showing how we currently connect the sound cables from the B&O. As you can see, we have a SCART adapter stuck into the back of the TV and into which we connect the two blue speaker cables from the B&O. This way we get sound on the speakers.

We DON'T get sound on the speakers if we bypass the SCART socket and connect them into the R and L (Mono) sockets (immediately underneath the SCART socket). We don't understand why this is so.

Also, with our DVD player connected via traditional 3 col cables (yellow, red, white), we can play and hear a DVD successfully but only get audio on the TV's speakers. We CANNOT get audio over the B&O speakers.

So 1) How can we get audio on the B&O speakers when playing a DVD?

2) Why if we bypass the SCART adapter and plug the B&O's blue speaker cables into the R and L audio inputs on the TV do we not get sound? Why do we have to use the SCART socket?

Thanks

Tricky

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

did you change the setting under speakers to Audio system? (options/speakers/change tv speakers to Audio system).

richard.fullerton
Explorer

No I hadn't tried that but when I did just now I still don't get sound when playing a DVD. Worse, I lose the TV speakers so that is not an option. To reiterate, we get the audio system sound when playing TV and we then mute the TV speakers. It's just with the current set up (as per picture I attached), we can't get sound on the audio system when playing DVDs. Thanks for your attempt though.

Bravia55HX

Ah yes, sorry i was just thinking of the tv and the B&O and not the dvd player, well depending on the inputs/outputs between the player and the B&O, connect the player to the tv as you normally would then if the player has optical or coaxial digital out and the B&O has either optical or coaxial digital input then  connect that (one or the other) if niether then you wont be able to do it