Join now - be part of our community!

cant select side by side 3D option on KDL 40 HX853

profile.country.en_GB.title
alanbcounty
Visitor

cant select side by side 3D option on KDL 40 HX853

Hi

Recently bought a kdl 40 hx853 bravia, and while 3d is fine with blue Ray player, having problems trying to access 3D TV, such as BBC 3D channel, ( via virgin media tivo), as is shown in side by side format, yet when I try to select this option on the 3D remote button, side by side (and also over-under) options are both greyed out / can't be selected.

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

no problem of that on mine, have you tried a firmware update on the set since you've had it?, usually one comes through not long after you purchase it, you could try that first then see if that works, remember that when doing update the tv will turn itself on and off and may look like its doing nothing, dont panic or touch it till you see the screen display the message update complete.

alanbcounty
Visitor

Hi many thanks for reply, yep we did a firmware update, but to be honest I dont know if this problem existed before the update. Do you know if you can request a manual firmware update at any time?

thanks

Bravia55HX

I have not heard of anyone requesting an update, they just seem to randomly pop up on my screen to which i just accept. check again all your screen settings including the 3D ones and make sure they appear correct,

just to clarify, none of my settings for 3D are greyed out so im surprised yours are which leads me to think its a settings issue somewhere.