Join now - be part of our community!

Change Picture & Sound Modes On BD Player

SOLVED
xybadog
Explorer

Change Picture & Sound Modes On BD Player

Just received my 32W705 today and connected my LG Blu-Ray player but, I can't find how to change the Picture Mode or Sound Mode whilst watching a Blu-Ray.

Do I have to set this up before playing a Blu-ray?  Bit odd if I do because my 8 year old LG non-smart tv could manage it but I can't find how to do it on the Sony.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know what you are trying to do.

1. On the TVs remote control, press the [Sync Menu] button
  2. Go down to "TV control with TV remote" and press [OK]
  3. You can now use the [Options] button or change any settings.
  4. When done, simply reverse it by pressing the [Sync Menu] button again and choose "Device Control"

There are also other options in the Sync menu of which you dont have to go through that process (unless you need to that is).  Such as "TV Control"

A reference:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE334111/EN/syncmenu.html

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I know what you are trying to do.

1. On the TVs remote control, press the [Sync Menu] button
  2. Go down to "TV control with TV remote" and press [OK]
  3. You can now use the [Options] button or change any settings.
  4. When done, simply reverse it by pressing the [Sync Menu] button again and choose "Device Control"

There are also other options in the Sync menu of which you dont have to go through that process (unless you need to that is).  Such as "TV Control"

A reference:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE334111/EN/syncmenu.html

Cheers

xybadog
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.  Your suggestion to access the sync menu takes me to the Bravia settings when I press the sync menu button and I don't see an option for "TV control with TV remote".

I'm not sure that this would solve my issue though.

What I want to be able to do is, when watching a Blu Ray I want ot be able to change the Picture mode from, for example, Cinema to Standard and the sound mode too, but I can;t find a way of doing it.

xybadog
Explorer

OK, found it now.  Thanks for the info.  It's a very long winded way of being able to do this though.  Very different to other manufacturers who make it very easy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is a bit of a long winded way - up to a couple of years ago Sony had a [Scene] button on the remote control.  This has gone 😞

However you can press the Sync Menu button > TV Control > Options > Scene Select as a quicker way.

However you can also set different Scene modes according to the input source (ie HDMI 1).  As in, if you ALWAYS use Cinema for the scene - Sync Menu > TV Control with the TV remote > HOME > Settings > System Settings > Scene Select.  And that should do it

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The reason why you don't hev the tv scene control while watching a connected device is due to the advanced bravia sync control options that enable the tv remote to completely substitute the device one. You may want to change this behaviour like your old one tv in the bravia sync setup in the tv (if I remember well you can choose between three different levels)