Join now - be part of our community!

Changing TV?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Nazca9547
Visitor

Changing TV?

I'm currently use a 46" NX700 for gaming and blu-ray, bought it in 2010 and I now have a chance to upgrade my TV. Should I replace the 46" NX700 with a 3D 40"HX850? 3D is the main reason, but I have to downscale the screen. So should I buy the 40"HX850 or just keep using the NX700?

2 REPLIES 2
StartTheCar
Contributor

Its a tricky one because the NX700 was/is a very good panel and still very capable of producing an excellent HD picture.  Despite, or possibly because, I am surrounded by these products I am not in favour of replacing a product for the sake of it. 

That said, in the 2 years since purchasing your NX700, a few features have seen significant improvements, most notably 3D.  The HX853 has done very well for us this year and is one of my favourite recent products. 

Thats my impartial (as much as I can be) opinion, but dont just take my word for it, read the reviews, check out the rewards and see what the other community members have to say.

Best regards
Lee

Bravia55HX

Hi,

basically as StartTheCar has said, however my experience with the first two LED sets fell short of the mark the HX853 is a fair set with awards to boot but as already suggested the answer lies with you as to whether you feel it justifiable to upgrade what is already a capable set, if you want all the bells and whistles of what the latest sets can give you then change but if you can do without internet tv etc then stay where you are, if im honest internet tv will never replace the trusty pc !.

as for the 3D its all good fun but still in its infancy and down to personal preference whether you think its for you or not.