Join now - be part of our community!

Choosing digital station for alarm on timer

profile.country.en_GB.title
shthoma80
Visitor

Choosing digital station for alarm on timer

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-24EX320W which I use as my alarm clock in the mornings. Before Digital Switchover I was able to choose which channel I would wake up to via the analogue list, but now it only starts on the station that it was on when the sleep timer switched it off (using the Digital option on the list). The channel that I watch whilst going to sleep (BBC3) isn't on in the mornings, and consequently the alarm doesn't wake me up.

Does anyone know if there will be a software update that sorts this out? Or am I missing something obvious and the facility to choose the wake up channel now that we are digital is still there?

Thanks for any help 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
atter007
Visitor

I'm having the same issue. My KDL-32EX503 has the same option for turning onto analogue, but it appears only to switch onto the last watched digital channel with the On Timer feature.

I emailed sony support to ask if a software update would be coming to include this feature. I've copied the reply below. I follwed the procedure, and no, it didn't work. I've emailed them again with the result. IF I manage to find the option I will post an update.

--

We suggest that you reset your BRAVIA to factory settings by carrying out the following the procedure:

1. Please disconnect all peripherals and follow the steps:

-Press 'Home' on the remote

-Navigate across to 'Settings'

-Scroll to 'System Settings'

-Select 'General Set-up'

-And select 'Factory settings'

2. Using the remote control of your BRAVIA, please press the 'Home' button.

. Navigate across to select 'System Settings'

. Select 'Clock/ timers'

. Scroll to 'On-Timer'

. When setting the 'On-timer' on the television please scroll down to the 'Programme' option and use the left arrow on the remote to highlight the programme number and enter in the Digital programme number manually.

Note: Please press the 'Digital' button on the remote prior to following the steps above.

--

shthoma80
Visitor

Thanks for that information. I tried it too, and it didn't work for me either. I was fine up until the "left arrow on the remote to highlight the programme number and enter the Digital programme number manually" bit. There are no numbers if I select Digital, and pressing numbers manually just closes the menu and changes the channel.

Please let me know if you get any joy from them in reply to your email.