Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting to PC with 32EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Andy_W
Visitor

Connecting to PC with 32EX403

Hello!

I got a Bravia 32EX403 a week ago.  First night I installed it & connected it to my PC by wired cable (including crossover adaptor).  The TV displayed the PC via the menu & I could connect to it & browse my libraries.

Ever since, the PC symbol has been greyed out & it tries to connect, but then I get a message 'cannot connect to server'.

I have a firewall, have tried switching that off....no joy.  The PC recognises the TV & streaming is set up.....when I try to 'play to' in media player, then select the TV, it just keeps saying 'connecting to media centre'.

I am completely lost.  Internet video like youfilm works an absolute treat.

I remember on the first night I got some kind of message like to play divx files you must go to a certain website & register/add this code....perhaps that was because it was connected then.

It's on automatic settings & test network comes back with 3 instances of 'OK'.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

No worries, DLNA is a bit of a dark art at the best of times so maybe worth experimenting with a few different flavours of software. Not sure what that error message pertains to exactly, but  Mezzmo seems to work well for many BRAVIA owners.

Indeed, like you say, working now :slight_smile:

thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy_W
Visitor

Hi Ed,

Can't thank you enough....that's it working a treat with Mezzmo, although I am getting some annoying 'ffmpg.exe has stopped working' pop-ups......It's strange how it let me browse the PC on the 1st night I had it via the PC icon (on the video tab).  Anyway, working now.

Thanks again!

Catmambo
Contributor

No worries, DLNA is a bit of a dark art at the best of times so maybe worth experimenting with a few different flavours of software. Not sure what that error message pertains to exactly, but  Mezzmo seems to work well for many BRAVIA owners.

Indeed, like you say, working now :slight_smile:

thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Andy

Ok, so if Youtube etc is working your network is fine. Can you clarify what you are trying to do? If you are trying to playback content stored on your PC to your BRAVIA, you need to install a transcoder like Mezzmo/PS3 Media Server/Twonky etc on your PC and tell this software where your files are located on your hard drive.

You then access them on your BRAVIA via the video tab on the Xross Media Bar ( not the PC input as this is if you were connecting via a VGA cable)

Hope this makes sense.

thanks