Join now - be part of our community!

DLNA and DivX?.....

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SimonJohnstone
Visitor

DLNA and DivX?.....

Hi all...

I recently bought a network TV (KDL32EX503) which claims to be able to render DivX video content via DLNA.

I've connected the TV to my LAN and can access online content along with photos and music from my QNAP NAS - the problem I have is that DivX content does not seem to be picked up?

Does the television support DivX over DLNA?  I'm assuming it must do otherwise, what would be the point in building in a DivX client.  Incidentally, DivX video plays okay from a USB device, and I'm certain that the DLNA server (Twonky running on the NAS) is running okay as I can play content form hear via PC or PS3.

Help/assistance would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Simon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Only supports Divx over USB, not DLNA unfortunately.

thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Only supports Divx over USB, not DLNA unfortunately.

thanks

Jakethepeguk
Explorer

Not a correct answer, google ps3 media server mate. You can use this to stream mkv and divx's over your dnla network.

I have the Ex703 and do exactly this.

Catmambo
Contributor

Just to clarify, all PS3 Media Server/Serviio etc does is transcoder the Divx content into a stream the TV can read. Thus if you have a server with divx content on, ( as the OP mentions he has a NAS) it cannot read it natively via DLNA, you need the software in between to convert it. Thus Twonky on the NAS might be able to do this,but my Synology NAS for example doesn't have transcoding software built in.

Thanks

Xmantium
Visitor

I have a QNAP NAS, you can install PS3 Medua Sever from http://www.qnap.com/QPKG.asp  The good thing bout QNAP it's built by the admins of QNAP and had a web interface to manage the server  Trust me when I say it work really good, all your movies SD or HD it will play really good  You can still run twonky and PMS (ps3 media server) running on the same QNAP

Message was edited by: Xmantium