Join now - be part of our community!

EA1750 firmware on KDL-40W5500

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
Konstantinos
Visitor

EA1750 firmware on KDL-40W5500

After upgrading with new firmware EA1750/SEP'2011 when change program in DTV mode,for 2 seconds there is no signal and  the message "NO SIGNAL" on screen appears.

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.en_GB.title
alsalek
Visitor

Any feedback on this from Sony? I have exactly the same problem on the same model TV - plus other annoying symptoms; slow to change channels, losing the screen totally to a black screen with sound but no picture - and waiting upto 5 minutes without change so having to unplug and replug the TV back in from the power socket before it responds.

XXX-KP
Visitor

see this is quite difficult to make out whether there is some problem with the firmware that you have installed or with your TV or with any other  settings..!!

but when i was searching about the same thing at that time i came across this thread...and they have clearly mentioned like until some solution comes it would be better to have the older firmware installed..! and really i do beleive the same thing..rathert han this update you should install the previous version.

profile.country.GR.title
eliaspech
New

I have the same problem with this firmware update and Bravia KDL-46Z5500!

Elias

pavlosp
New

There is no way to downgrade the firmware.

Visitor

I have KDL-40W5500 - where do you get latest firmware software for the TV?

will the  lastest firmware update allow me access more websites on the internet via the TV?

When I click on the link

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40W5500/downloads/FW_Bravia1741EA

Last update for the firmware was 14/07/2010 is their a later version?

Thanks

pavlosp
New

Good news!!!

Ten days ago I had a contact with SONY Service and today, a technician came home and downgraded the TV set to firmware 1.741EA, and everything works fine.

With no charge.

profile.country.it_IT.title
deltaloop
Visitor

Hi,
I have the same problem, and Sony does not want to solve, are out of warranty and I have to buy another TV.
Now with the firmware 1750 EA everything is slow and the TV does not work well.
Sony bad service, do not ever buy your product!
profile.country.GR.title
eliaspech
New

How did he made the downgrade to an earlier firmware?

Please give us the information, if it is possible

Elias

pavlosp
New

To Elias

From back side he removed a small cover and he used a flash card (maybe a memory stick).

Greek customers from Thessaloniki, call SONY SERVICE 2310726801.

Pavlos

profile.country.GR.title
eliaspech
New

Thank you very much!!

Elias