Join now - be part of our community!

EPG

alagreen647
Explorer

EPG

The EPG on our old Bravia TV with Freesat gave information on each programme at the top of the screen when scrolling through the EPG. In addition, it was possible to programme an evenings viewing by clicking on a tab at the bottom right of the screen and the TV would automatically change to each selected programme. Our new TV (32WD756) with Freeview does not have these facilities. When wanting more information on a programme when scrolling through the EPG it is necessary to constantly push the information button on the remote. The facility to select an evenings viewing using the tab in the bottom right of the EPG screen is now impossible as the tab does not exist.

Have these useful facilities disappeared in the name of progress ? Will Sony pay attention to the comments and requests of their customers and reinstate these facilities with a download ?  I believe these facilities are available on Panasonic Viera TVs

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Like everything, over time certain features are implemented whilst others are removed.  I cannot give you a reason on why these features that you used before on another previous TV has been removed.  The only suggestion that I can make is for you to voice your concern to Sony directly.  The more people who request certain features, the more likely Sony will either implement them on a future FW update (if possible) or re-instate them on newer models.

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers

alagreen647
Explorer

Thank you.

E mail despatched to customer services.