Join now - be part of our community!

Fastforward / Rewind functions not working perfect , while playing movie on KDL-46CX520 TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Fastforward / Rewind functions not working perfect , while playing movie on KDL-46CX520 TV

Hello All,

I am really fan with this Sony forums which give excellent support for customers.

I noticed a problem on my CX520 series TV and would like to share with others for advise.

I have KDL46CX520 connected by ethernet cable to internet and working fine , also the TV is connected to PC through home network using the Serviio DLNA software and working fine.

While playing any movie file from DLNA or Bravia internet video or even from USB flash memory, i found the buttons on the remote control fastforward (>) and Rewind (<) are useless.

For more clarification - if i try to fast forward any movie at speed x1 it may working fine and i see the picture running fast on the screen BUT if i try fast forward at x2 or x3 speeds the picture freeze and/or sometimes the movie restart from the begining . The same happened if i am using Rewind function too.

I believe there is a bug in the media player software built in TV (correct me if i am wrong) - because the problem occures with any movie play from USB flash memory / HDD which is directly connected to TV port  ( if this occurs only with DLNA or Bravia internet video we can doubt about the connection speed and how is fast the data streaming speed of the movie).

Another probability,,  the problem can happen if the TV engine (internal processor) has low speed and cannot handle the fast data transfer during Fastforward or Rewind ( correct me if i am wrong).

Note: i own another two units of KDL-32CX520 with the same problem

Do anybody have the same or similar problem?

Thank you in advance for advise

Kind regards

15 REPLIES 15
Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

you?, stumped with something?, thats a first!!, lol.

seriously you are not alone on this one, irritating is'nt it.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

You Too :anguished: !! your model is HX !!

i exppect  some support from Sony staff to know if will live with this problem or there is expected future resolution.

Could  i get feedback here or PM

Thanks

Bravia55HX

I know it does it on the BDP-S570, but to tell the truth i not had the HX long enough to find out!!, i'm still waiting on a replacement!!:smileysad:

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Thanks BraviaHX for your feedback, your answer is helpful and that mean i am not alone in that ship.

Any further input from Sony staff regarding the issue will be appreciated

Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

something else for you to add to this profile your building, i have a loaner at the moment in the form of a KDL40BX400 this plays video fine with USB stick inserted playing TERRA NOVA in xvid format, fast forward and rewind in video search working perfectly!!. it will not recognise any MP4 (H264) files and i dont have any others to test. felt you should know this.

regards.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Great additional information - thanks - if BX series ( which is a lower version than CX series ) is working fine with no problem , so why CX got that problem :thinking:

Are any of the above stated problem causes (which i doubt about) are valid or there are another reason.

My main concern to know if it is FW so i can wait or HW issue which i have to live with !!

I would appreciate if the Sony staff contribute in this post and advise with some information.

Regards

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi Bravia55HX923,

So this is clear voice from you that HX suffering from the same captioned problem !

Personally i more doubt about the Sony engine (processor) which cannot handle the fast video stream during fastforward or rewind , this is why picture freeze ( more probably than considering it is a firmware issue).

May be i misunderstand, but why you have hope it is a firmware problem ?

Any others inputs from members who own another TV models, would be appreciated

Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

yes, you mis-understood, i was referring to the word "un-uniformity", this was used to describe the picture issue on the HX**923 by Sony.

i simply used the same word to describe this issue with playback on some models.

as said before i have not had the HX long enough to even try playback of media files to be able to tell you,

i was just building a general picture of other models with playback capability with or without the problem that you have so that Sony can look at the whole picture.

Bravia55HX

KDL-CX520,

granted that you wish to get to the root of the problem on the CX range, but dont you think that perhaps we should establish if any others from the entire model range suffers from this problem ?, as it would be unfair for this to work properly on some and not others, there should be uniformity across the range and not un-uniformity! (heard that somewhere before!) oh yeah, the HX series!,

then, and only then perhaps Sony may address this issue with a firmware/software fix for all models concerned.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923