Join now - be part of our community!

faulty Sony KDL-42W653A ???

smashah

faulty Sony KDL-42W653A ???

i recently purchased Sony television model number KDL-42W653A from sony online uk.

I was using the youtube app for 2 weeks without any problems until yesterday evening.

In the past, when i would view a clip, i was able to find related videos using the down arrow navigation key via sony remote.  

Just a few days ago, i was able to navigate to the following options using the remote:

View uploads for the same channel
View Related videos
Navigate to your Current Watch History
Navigate back to the What to watch feed

But since yesterday, When playing a video, i am now unable to access the additional options using the down arrow key from the sony remote.  

When i now press the down arrow key, i am taken to the  player control bar, forward, rewing, play etc..  which usually works with the up arrow key on the remote.

I have flashed the tv with the latest firmware on the television and i have done factory reset but no luck.  

hope someone can help me?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I was going to advise you in posting a message on the YouTube forums, but I see that you have already done so.  Unfortunately internal functions within the YouTube App is outside Sony's control, unless others report that it does work and yours doesnt I guess.

Cheers

smashah

oh right, so it can be error from youtube app.  

I would be grateful if anyone who owns the 42w653a  is able to do a quick test on their youtube app and let me know if theu are also experiencing similar problems?

thanks

Introx
Explorer

I have the same problem. It started happening after tv updated its software. Hopefully it will be fixed after another update
smashah

Since you are experiencing similar problems, we can assume it is software error linked with new firmware or from youtube app / server.

Does anyone know how we can inform sony technical team or do they read this forum?