Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Issues With TV

richamondouk
Explorer

Firmware Issues With TV

Hi all,

First post i am hoping some one here can help as i am at my finally tether now with this,

I currently own a KDL-42W805A  Sony Television & I use it mostly for Freeview UK

And also for connecting my custom built tower pc using HDMI and have done so for 4 months now,

The TV itself regularly updates and tonight 08/01/2014 it informed me an update was ready, so i allowed it do to this update and i fired up my pc as normal.

However the image resolution which i normally have is 1366x768 and runs no problem had gone and instead had gone to 1920x1080  which i didnt want it to use as it makes it very hard for programs i run to view and the text itself is unbearable, even with windows 8.1 making the text and font larger.

So anyway i changed the resolution back down to the original 1366x768 to fnd to my horrow the television said " Unsupported Format please check your pc outpit "  

However i could see the format no problem at all and i continued using it the message went away but comes back every so often and randomly and is really annoying now as i cannot use the television in the format i chose it for and it clearly supports,

Either somewhere along the lines Sony has not thought this through with the Firmware update or my television is broken,

I have changed HDMI cables ranging from 1.3 to 1.4a HDMI and still no difference, all the latest updates in Windows & Nvidia Graphic Drivers are complete, it only happened after the firmware update.

I am now stumped and do not know what to do, i cannot reset the TV this only changes display options not firmware and there is no firmware remove, i looked 😞

Help Please. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You might need to contact Sony directly in regards to this issue, as they might be able get more information from the engineers themselves (or to advanced support) if it is indeed the FW that locked out this resolution.

Cheers

Nikaniana
Explorer

Same problem here after the firmwere update, so you arent the only one.