Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware v8.500 problems

profile.country.GB.title
Thorpeus
Explorer

Firmware v8.500 problems

I updated my Bravia KD55XE7073 with the latest firmware v8.500, now my TV doesn't recognise the internet through LAN or wireless.

I've tried factory reset but that didn't help. Anyone else having the same problem or got an ideas ?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message,  Thorpeus. We’ve raised this with the relevant team and will let you know as soon as we hear back from them. 

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi,

Are you still having this issue? Do your other connected devices work ok? Do you see any error messages or is the router just not listed?

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
Thorpeus
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I am still having the same problems.

All of my other devices are working properly.

Immediately after the update the TV no longer recognises any networks, I’ve tried wired, wireless (it doesn’t show any networks), easy setup and expert setup (the options don’t even allow me to enter a WPS pin).

I’ve tried factory reset several times so I’m running out of ideas, I’ve only had the tv since September so it’s still pretty much brand new.

It’s ironic as the update was suppose to improve network connections and stability.

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again Thorpeus,

Could you please try disconnecting your TV from the mains for 10 minutes, and then try again? If this doesn't help then your best bet would be to contact our Customer Support team: http://bit.ly/2mpk3fQ.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Thorpeus
Explorer

Hi Owen,

I've tried disconnecting already, it doesn't help.

I've contected support, and they have no idea. This all comes from a firmware update that made my smart TV dumb, and clearly isn't going to be solved unless I can roll back the update (which apparently isn't possible) or an update fixing the issue is released, I can't be the only person with the issue.

At the moment the most favourable option would be returning my TV and getting an LG which would not only be cheaper, but it would actually work too.