Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Play

profile.country.GB.title
Forthbank1
Explorer

Freeview Play

Anyone know when Freeview Play will be available to Sony they advertized it as coming later this year but no sign of it yet 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please post a link where it says Freeview Play is coming to Sony?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Forthbank1
Explorer

ming This Sony TV will feature Freeview Play later in the year following the availability of a software update. Combining catch-up TV, on-demand services and live TV channels, watching what you want, when you want, is now easier than ever. It’s free from subscription and is compatible with existing broadband services too. Services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5 are also available without having to open specific applications. This will give effortless scroll back so you never miss a second of your favou Refering to the new KD43XE 7073 ULTRA HDR
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have moved this thread to the "Other TV" Section as its more suitable in there.

You still didnt provide a link, but I think I found it - I guess you are referring to this John Lewis link:

https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravia-49xe7073-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-49-with-freeview-hd-cabl...

Yes Freeview Play seems to be promised for 2017 non-Android based TVs.  Android based TVs have YouView instead.  Unfortunately Sony do not release their intentions or 'roadmap' of development.  As it states 'later in the year' - You are going to have to be patient :cowboy:

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

I received some information today in regards to Freeview Play.  Unfortunately the information posted by John Lewis on their website against some models of TVs cannot be confirmed by Sony.  Therefore John Lewis will be removing this information from their website.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Forthbank1
Explorer

Probably return the television to John Lewis on the basis that it is not as described on thier website

I purchased the Sony with the idea of receiving Freeview Play as per  thier description  which was wrong

Other manufacturers do have Freeview Play available 

profile.country.GB.title
Forthbank1
Explorer

Probably return the television to John Lewis on the basis that it is not as described on thier website

I purchased the Sony with the idea of receiving Freeview Play as per  thier description  which was wrong

Other manufacturers do have Freeview Play available