Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Tech Help!!

SOLVED
gazza13579
Explorer

Freeview Tech Help!!

Got a new 55W805 a month ago and set it up fine, everything worked it seemed and  recieved the Freeview channals through my Sky Sat cable, Decided to revert to using my Sky Box through a scart lead. Had a change of mind and wanted to use the Freeview but now cannot get any reception through the direct input into the tv. The satellite is still working perfectly through the sky box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im still unclear if you are indeed using Freesat or Freeview.  Does the aerial feed come from the Sky Satellite Dish or an aerial that is on the roof?  Either way, it is also possible that the high winds the other day may have knocked the allignment of either the dish or the aerial.

Unfortunately it is difficult to diagnose the problem, I would suggest you contacting either of the following:

For Freesat : HERE

For Freeview : HERE (Theres a box with a phone number)

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The first thing that comes to mind is - Are you sure all your cables are connected correctly?  The second is - Do you mean Freesat instead of Freeview?

Has this only happened today?  If so, the weather may be playing a part?  If it is indeed freeview and its only today, check HERE to see if your local transmitter is having problems

Cheers

gazza13579
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I  think I mean Freesat where I am just using the cable for my Sky Box straight into my TV. Tried again today and still it is not picking anything up. Used your link and we slap bang in an area where it says 4G might be affecting Freeview.

Thanks

G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im still unclear if you are indeed using Freesat or Freeview.  Does the aerial feed come from the Sky Satellite Dish or an aerial that is on the roof?  Either way, it is also possible that the high winds the other day may have knocked the allignment of either the dish or the aerial.

Unfortunately it is difficult to diagnose the problem, I would suggest you contacting either of the following:

For Freesat : HERE

For Freeview : HERE (Theres a box with a phone number)

Cheers

gazza13579
Explorer

Its a cable from a Sky dish. will go and give it a bit of a waggle. I know it was put up as a bodge job. Im a tenant so don't want to mess to much.

Thankyou for your help

G