Join now - be part of our community!

Getting a flash drive working on PC after using on TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JPGow18
Visitor

Getting a flash drive working on PC after using on TV

Hey everyone,

I have a Sony KDL 32EX524, I used my Kingston DataTraveler 200 for recording live TV, I registered the drive to the TV used it and then unregistered it from the TV so I could use it on my laptop again but when I plug it into my laptop it asks to reformat it but it only recognises the drive as having 0.99MB on a 32GB drive, when I plug it back into the TV and register it again it has the same capacity as before.

Any help would be appreciated,

JP Gow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

do this, its been tried and proven,

click start, right click on my computer, click manage, down left hand column click disc management, find the drive and delete the partition, then re format it.

you should be ok

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Some Kingston memory  has a built in launch.exe software or so which sometimes cause conflict or protect data erase

You may try to re format the memory ((using windows explorer)) to NTFS or exFAT , then re-format again to FAT32 and see what will happen

JPGow18
Visitor

I have tried to format 1 way the reformat to anougher but I have the same results, I can only format the drive to the size of 0.99MB yet its still the same size on the TV

Bravia55HX

Hi,

do this, its been tried and proven,

click start, right click on my computer, click manage, down left hand column click disc management, find the drive and delete the partition, then re format it.

you should be ok

JPGow18
Visitor

I found a deleted the volume but when I format it still remains as a Unallocated volume and I can't do anything to that volume

KDL-CX520
Visitor

try Norton PartitionMagic or similar software to fix it

JPGow18
Visitor

Who ever set this to solved was wrong, I still have an useless drive, I managed to find and delete the partition but I can't reformat the drive back to the correct size, all I have is an Unallocated partition which I can't do anything to.

profile.country.el_GR.title
cptronica
Visitor
Bravia55HX

http://www.ehow.com/how_5481812_format-flash-drive-full-datatraveler.html

the only other thing stopping you is its write protected and you need to remove it.

failing that, send it back to kingston under its 5 year warranty.

mmmmmike
Visitor

The answer given by   Bravia55HX923 does work but only on windows xp will not work on vista or windows 7  Mike