Join now - be part of our community!

Green Screen using hdmi - hdmi between tv and pc

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Lovelyn
Visitor

Green Screen using hdmi - hdmi between tv and pc

I got this problem with an green screen when using an HDMI - HDMI cable between my TV and PC also with the laptop and that the desk on screen is bigger than tv screen in full HD 1920*1080p how ever when I use an DVI-D - HDMI cable between TV and PC this dont happen the picture is perfect but I loose the sound instead so how to fix this?

btw it appears only when looking at movies from the PC and about 75% in to the movie, I tryed to switch between HDMI outputs and back but then it shows again after hardly a minute again and keep going on like that.

Does Sony got an solution for this or there is none?

TV = KDL40BX400AEP

Graphic Card = ATI Radeon HD 5450

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

DVI-D doesn't carry sound which is why its not appearing when you connect via HDMI. The TV acts as a dumb monitor in this instance and will just display what its sent, so it sounds like the ATI isn't properly handshaking when you do HDMI-HDMI. Have you tried updating the drivers on the ATI?

thanks

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Lovelyn
Visitor

I have the latest drivers for my card but as I said this happens with the laptop as well as with my stationary PC and I have also seen on the net now that this seem to be a problem for more than sony's TV it seem to be for all the others as well when it comes to HDMI - HDMI I whould say that the problem is not pc side since it works with monitors using HDMI - HDMI since I using that to it seems to be TV side used hardware that is in need to be fixed.

Thanks