Join now - be part of our community!

guarantee of a 2 months TV

profile.country.ro_RO.title
radionovici
New

guarantee of a 2 months TV

Dear all,  i just wanted to know some opinions about a fact that hapened with my Bravia a few days ago.

trying to see a movie on my TV from my laptop - i conected them trough the HDMI cable - at 1 point the cable from the back of the TV just light it up , and i managed to unplaged it before who knows what would have hapened.

My laptop is out of warante and therefor - my resposability , but my bravia - i just got it In may 2012. Not a very special bravia , but stil - an kdl 32 fx720. at service , the guy from there , trets me like i was owning him 1000 euros (ppl from romania might know easily what i refer to) tryes to make me feel like i am the reason for the entire economic crisys in the world. after explaining him the issue - he was like - Yeah, exactly, i told you so, and tels me that i will get an response from them. second day - they inform me that SONY does not cover that issue, since it was an fluctuation of power(like he told me). i told him  - no , it was not, none of my other electronic devices were burn, nor from my neighburns, so no, that was not the issue, then he says that he just asked SONY , along with some pics of my procesor that he said that is proper ruined...- if it sould be repaired in warante and that SONY said no. Asking at helpdesk - they say that no - the service said that it should not be in warantee.  i mean - wt... how this can be hapening??? i bought a SONY product  just to avoid this kind of things . the repair is over 250 euros, and they think they can stick that on me.

Now i am waiting from a response from SONY Japan, and from OPC - the ofice of protection of the consumer/client. i know i live in a 3-rd world country - but still - i have some rights - you can't sell a device for over 500 euros, and when it jams (by you defected production, or who knows) to ask from me another 250 to repair it, otherwise , i can  use it as a table for my dog.

Please tell me what would you do in this situation, couse i am just seeing red in my face.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for profanity

Message was edited by: -Cass-

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
austingrd
Visitor

Only 2 months warranty? I haven't heard any of this yet. It's usually minimum of 1 year for all I know. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.ro_RO.title
radionovici
New

i ment that the TV i have it for 2 months - therefor it has the waranty of 2 months - since they do not want to repair my TV